Clyde Road Level Crossing Removal – latest updates
Last updated: 30 July 2020
As many of you will be aware, the level crossing at Clyde Road in Berwick is set for removal by 2022. As the works progress, we will endeavour to keep you informed of any upcoming delays or detours that may affect your visits to see us. The footpath and pedestrian rail crossing on the eastern side of Clyde Road, between Reserve Street and the Enterprise Avenue intersection, will remain closed until early-2022. You can detour along the western side of Clyde Road.
Scheduled Works for August
- Site clearing and minor earthworks along Clyde Road, Reserve Street, Enterprise Avenue and Jane Street
- Relocating underground services along the western side of Clyde Road
- Road works at the centre median intersection of Enterprise Avenue and Clyde Road
- Vegetation and tree removal along Clyde Road
- Geotechnical and service investigations along Clyde Road, surrounding local streets and at Berwick
Station car park
Clyde Road Vegetation removal
To build the new road underpass, install new infrastructure and relocate existing services, some tree and
vegetation removal is required along Clyde Road. This will take place from mid July to December 2020.
- Careful planning is undertaken by environmental and sustainability specialists to minimise tree and vegetation
removal and reduce impacts to flora and fauna.
- Throughout works, environment controls such as no-go zones are in place to protect sensitive areas, including a
protected rusty gum tree on Reserve Street.
- During the vegetation removal process, arborists and wildlife handlers will be on site to ensure the protection
and safe relocation of wildlife.
What to expect
- Construction works, vehicles and equipment on site
- Temporary lane closures and reduced speed limits along Clyde Road
- Traffic management to help drivers and pedestrians move safely through the area
- No changes to business and property access
- Noise levels will be monitored and minimised as much as possible.
Works will generally take place Monday to Friday, 7am to 6pm, and Saturdays 7am to 1pm subject to weather
For more information on accessing the hospital, please call us on (03) 9707 2655.