As many of you will be aware, the level crossing at Clyde Road in Berwick is set for removal by 2022.
As the works progress, we will endeavour to keep you informed of any upcoming delays or detours that may affect your visits to see us.
We have been notified that the following works will commence in June resulting in changes to how you travel through the area:
- Site establishment on Sir Gustav Nossal Boulevard and a smaller secondary compound for storage of materials on Enterprise Avenue.
- Service and geotechnical investigation works along Clyde Road, surrounding local streets and at Berwick Station car park.
- Site clearing and minor earth works on the western and north-eastern side of the level crossing.
- Construction of a new temporary footpath on the western side of the level crossing.
Works will generally take place Monday to Friday 7am to 6pm, and Saturdays 7am to 1pm, subject to weather conditions.
What to expect
- Temporary lane closures along Clyde Road, outside peak times.
- Reduced speed limits near our work site for the safety of the community and our workers.
- Sections of footpath near the level crossing will be temporarily closed at times.
- Traffic management to help pedestrians and drivers move safely through the area.
- Some low-level noise and vibration from our works.